Insurance claims adjusting

Phone: (866) 833-4036
Fax: (865) 609-7001
Email: info@aanadjusters.com
Blog

Fire Destroys Georgia Home After Christmas Tree Lights Left On Overnight

Fire Destroys Georgia Home After Christmas Tree Lights Left On Overnight
A Georgia family of six escaped their burning home early Wednesday morning.
This happened after they had left their Christmas tree draped in lights plugged in overnight. This caused the fire, officials said.
 
Emergency responders were then called to the scene at 3:31 a.m. after reports of a structural fire with entrapment at 533 Worthington Gap Road. When Walker County Fire Rescue arrived, everyone inside had escaped the blaze.
 
A 60-year-old man suffered second- and third-degree burns. Also, four others went to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.
 
The fire marshall said electrical issues near the front living room wall caused the blaze. A resident confirmed to officials that the Christmas tree lights had been left plugged in.
 
Smoke alarms within the residence alerted the family to the fire. That allowed them to get out in time before the entire house engulfed in flames.
Between 2013 and 2017, the National Fire Association has reported responding to 160 fires caused by Christmas tree lights. Also, they warned residents to exercise caution during the holiday season. This is to prevent dangerous fires from occurring.

AAN Adjusters

Catastrophes like this happen all too often, and AAN Adjusters are ready to help.  AAN is the best in the business and ready to prove it.

Contact us with any questions!

Also, be sure to follow us on Facebook!